Shafaqna Pakistan: Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi on Thursday rejected the United States’ latest economic pressure campaign against Tehran, describing US President Donald Trump’s so-called “Economic D-Day” as an effort to divert attention from Washington’s own economic challenges.
In a post on X, Araghchi said the US campaign against Iran would ultimately fail, arguing that Washington’s continued reliance on what he called outdated and ineffective policies would only lead to further setbacks.
Trump had earlier announced what he described as the “most crushing economic operation” ever imposed on a country, targeting Iran as part of a broader strategy of economic warfare and isolation.
The US president said the measures were being introduced after Tehran failed to reach an agreement with Washington, escalating economic pressure on the Islamic Republic.
Araghchi hit back by highlighting the United States’ growing national debt and rising interest-payment costs.
He said the so-called “Economic D-Day” was primarily a means of shifting attention away from America’s own economic challenges.
The Iranian foreign minister also accused Washington of pursuing “economic terrorism,” warning that such policies were increasingly threatening the global economy and the economic sovereignty of countries.
His comments came as US national debt crossed the $40 trillion threshold.
The debt has more than doubled over roughly the past decade, underscoring the scale of the fiscal pressures facing the United States as Washington intensifies its economic confrontation with Tehran.
Source: Dunya News
